Monday, September 20, 2010

First Post

Okay, so finally getting around to starting this thing. Maybe I'll be able to keep it somewhat current.

This weekend, Deb (spouse) and I ran up to Moscow, Idaho for Dad's Weekend. Since we have two kids there, seems right we both go. It is one of the most beautiful drives along the Payette River on Hwy 55 up to the high valley with Cascade, on North to McCall, across to New Meadows and then drop into the canyon and follow the Little Salmon north.

On the way home, it was a gorgeous drive, I snacked to stay awake and Deb slept some. When she awoke as we were south of McCall she spotted a potato chip I'd dropped on the floor. The story begins here:

So, we are coming South on Hwy 55 from McCall and the road is kind of up and down from the frost heaves, but for some reason your mother spots this potato chip under my seat and decides to get it out while I'm driving along. She leans over and is trying to get her hand down between the seat and the center jockey box to get the chip and is looking down to see the chip. The road is making her head bob up and down. As I pass this pickup the poor guy almost runs off the road.

I say to mom, "Maybe you ought to try for that chip after we get home!"

1 comment: