Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Grandson's Can Drive a Point Home

Twice a week, my youngest grandson comes over to spend the morning with 'Papa' while mama works.  Often we go upstairs to the office, he watches the Mickey Mouse Club House Show and Papa works on Genealogy on the computer. 

So we are sitting there tuned into the Mickey Mouse show and they are playing their little song, and I start singing along with it, "Hot Dog, Hot Dog, Hot Diggity Dog!"  Tate looks up and says "Papa don't sing that!"  A little surprised, I said, "Hey, I can sing that, it's Tater's Song." 

He immediately corrects me and says, "No Papa, my song 'Walkin' the Floor over You!' " 

Well, Papa on occassion has been known to sing that one too, but until then didn't know Tate had been paying attention.  So, I told his mom about it when she came to pick him up.  She laughed and said the other day he was playing in his room and she heard him singing and went over to listen, "I'm walkin the floor over you, ..." 

Guess you have to be very careful about what you say and sing.  You never know when they are paying attention and what they will take home with them!  8-)

No comments:

Post a Comment