Saturday, June 30, 2012

So who's Anal?????

I could probably have just put a name up here and that would have been the shortest blog ever.  But that is no fun, and if anyone ever does read my blogs, it would be such a grave disappointment that I didn't ramble on for several paragraphs before getting to my point.  That is not who I am.  Just ask my oldest daughter why we call those things on the ends of our legs "feet". 

Two people in our household have always been accused of being anal.  One is our daughter, and the other is of course me!!!!!  (Let's ramble.)  One year Deb and Erin were putting in Hosta plants around large trees we'd planted.  She gave Erin six to plant around one tree.  Deb planted hers, then went around to the other side of the house to see how Erin was doing.  Erin had a tape measure and was just finishing up.  They were evenly spaced, very symetric, and exactly the same distance in from the outer edge of the spaded up dirt perimeter.  Deb needed one more for her side so grabbed one.  Erin of course was very frustrated because now she had to start remeasuring.  "For crying out loud Erin, just put them in the ground!"  This was the one "non-anal" person giving us who are the run around. 

(Back to the story), so today, as we are sitting drinking our third cup of coffee on a lazy Saturday morning, wondering what projects we have (can't just sit on the deck enjoying the cool morning and great coffee) she hands me three typed pages of notes and says, "Would you go over this and see what we can do today?"  Says I, "We can sit and read the morning paper and enjoy our coffee!"  Oops, already said that wasn't an option didn't I. 

We have a month and three days until the wedding.  However, twelve days of that we will be on the road.  So, my non-anal wife has outlined every weekend, and some of the days in between with what we need to do prior to the wedding.  That really was only the first two pages, the third was the meals and food for while family is here and for the rehearsal dinner, including which bowls each would be in.  When I'd finished reading it, she asked, "What do you think?"  My reply?  "So who is anal in this family?"  Response, "I'm not anal, I'm just organized!"

So why is it my daughter and I are anal, and my wife is organized?????

Have to admit (can't believe I'm putting this in print) this list is so complete there should be a zero-anxiety factor between now and then -- unless of course we miss achieving a to-do on the list at the right time.  Not sure what will happen then.  But, still I've got to love her.  When I think back to my days as a carrier pilot, and how we tried to plan for every eventuality of a flight, I should be the last one complaining about her an......  sorry, about her organization.  But, can I now count three in the family?????

1 comment:

  1. I think we've been able to count 3 for sometime...organized HA!

    ReplyDelete